Look at me, showing up to the blog party 3 days in a row. I swear I do have a day job. No, it isn't blogging. Although that'd be crazy awesome...maybe.
Anyway, this is not one of those "my life is so amazing" posts I wrote a post about earlier this week. This is one of those "I'm a girl, I'm selfish" posts.
So, we all know that dating your ex's best friend can be difficult. Luckily, for Mo and I, it really hasn't been that bad. At least, not for me. Yeah, some people think it's weird. And some people have mysteriously stopped talking to us as much (or at all). But overall, it's been easy.
I think part of that reason is the distance. There's an hour and a half between Mo and I. There's not quite 2 hours between Mo and my ex, and there's like an hour between my ex and I. (We live in a triangle so it works; trust me). Except, there's more like 15 hours added on to the distances between my ex and anyone because he works overseas, as I've mentioned before.
It all works out beautifully until he comes home, Mo has homework, and we have a trip in 2 weeks that he wants to get ahead in his schoolwork for.
We're currently on suggested plan 4 (maybe, 5?) for the weekend. I KNOW that Mo wants to make everyone happy. And I'll be damned if I ever keep Mo away from his friend. I already feel bad enough that I kind of have. But, I want time with him, too, ya know? (This is where the "I'm selfish" part comes in.)
There's just not a simple solution to the problem. At least for right now. So I'll just smile, tell him to have a great time, and binge on Netflix and books all weekend. And wine. Lots and lots of wine.
Oof, been there. Well, not quite the same situation, but the friend time vs significant other time when there is other stuff going on (like homework) really sucks. I usually take the smile and "go have fun, sweetheart!" route as well. Wine helps, as does movies, and I usually indulge in particularly girly behavior (like nail polish). Also, brownies. Hope the weekend turns out ok! I'll be thinking about you!
ReplyDelete