Monday, September 8, 2014

Mo and the Ghost Pepper

So Mo is ridiculously smart.  I mean, he seriously is the smartest guy I've ever dated.  (And I'm not just saying that because he reads this.) But this past weekend, he made one of the goofiest decisions I've ever seen anyone make.

If you read the title of this post, then you're probably figured out that it involves a ghost pepper.  And you are correct, for $200 (Monopoly) bucks.  We went to eat at the Chinese place across the street from my loft.  (Yes, it is RIGHT across the street.  Yes, I am living the dream; I know!) Our server has taken care of us several times and offered Mo a sauce of ghost peppers cut with habanero peppers.  Who knows why he agreed to it, but he did it.  I can't handle spicy things at all, so even smelling the stuff made my nose burn.  But he trampled through it with Crab Rangoon, accidentally getting a liiiiiitle too much on one.  He put some on his entree, and was starting to sweat and complaining about it being a little warm in the restaurant.

After doing some quick research, we learned that the ghost pepper is 401 times hotter than Tabasco sauce.  Oy.  So we went back home, and he started getting hot.  Like physically hot. And splotchy skin all over.

And thus begin the hottest like 10 hours of his life.  I couldn't help but giggle as he was trying to find a cool spot to provide some brief moment of relief.  My skin was apparently cool to the touch so he started moving my "cool" hand all over.  We did fans, wet washcloths, the whole bit.

Woke up Sunday morning, and he was fine.  Moral of the story: Don't eat ghost peppers if you want to kiss your girlfriend.

No comments:

Post a Comment