Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Alone

I enjoy being alone.  I spend ALL day with people.  The ONLY time I get alone is the bathroom.  The last thing I want to do every night is go spend time with more people.  I like coming home, changing into sweats, and making myself dinner.  I like getting to read, facebook, Netflix, organize, or do as I see fit.

No, I don't have tons of friends here.  There're several reasons for that.
1.  I work with some of the greatest people in the world, and I see them ALL day.
2.  Making friends is hard.  I feel so stupid saying that, but it really is.  Everyone already has their group, why would they want to add one more person?
3.  I'm hardly ever here.  How can you make friends when you're never there to meet people or hang out with them?
4.  My best friend lives thousands of miles away.  Somehow, we've managed to maintain a friendship when we've only lived in the same state for about 4 months of our 7+ year friendship.  I know I'll never find a friendship like that. Ever.

I'm not apologizing for being a homebody.  It saves money.  It gives me much needed alone time.  It makes my heart and brain happy.

Do I wish I had plans once or twice a week? Absolutely.  Do I think that'll change when I actually have weekends off?  You bet it will.  I can't wait to fall in love with KC even more than I already am.

No comments:

Post a Comment