There are (usually) 2 reasons why a blogger hasn't blogged for a long time:
1. They're too busy living life to stop by a computer and type out a big huge post about what they've been doing.
2. They're unhappy and don't want to blast their unhappiness all over the internet for the world to see.
Of course there are other reasons, but those seem to be the 2 biggest. So why haven't I been around these parts in a while? I'm glad you asked! It's a combination of both the reasons I mentioned above.
Before you go getting all worried that I'm miserable and hate my life, take a seat. I'm not miserable, I'm not unhappy. I'm unfulfilled. That was hard enough to admit to myself. The even harder part? Figuring out why I'm feeling this way.
If I'm being completely honest, I've felt this way since about the New Year. I love my job, but we've been doing LOTS of testing so I haven't been getting as much actual teaching time with my kiddos as I'm used to. Plus, it's the 3rd quarter slump. I love where I'm living, but with how cold its been, I feel like I never get to do anything except for on the weekends, which are jam packed usually. Things with Mo have been alright. Nothing new or thrilling to report.
I just feel like my life is unbalanced right now. I have too much alone time during the week, and not enough on the weekends. I don't know how to make that balance happen but it's driving me crazy.
I feel like this post is halfway finished, but I'm not sure how much more I want to throw out to the internet...
No comments:
Post a Comment