I have a confession to make. Sometimes, I don't like people. I know everyone feels that way about strangers who irritate them. But I'm talking about my loved ones-family, boyfriend, roommate, friends, students, co-workers. Yeah, sometimes I don't like them. Don't confuse like and love, though. I always love all those people. But I don't always like them.
I've always been a social butterfly. I've thrived in social situations. Put me in a room of people I didn't know and I'd walk out with many new friends. And then I lived alone. I learned how to be alone, and not be lonely. I learned to actually like it.
Now that I have a roommate, and a boyfriend, and a much bigger group of co-workers, I crave that alone time. Yeah, I usually get it 1-2 nights a week, but after being around family all weekend, and then getting to spend time with my roommate a decent amount this week for various things, I'm feeling overwhelemed and socially exhausted. I just want some alone time and peace and quiet.
And then I feel guilty because I don't want to talk to people. And then I feel bad because I'm cranky because people won't leave me alone. I know I need to take care of myself, but I don't want to disappoint those people either.
No comments:
Post a Comment