So I know just like a week ago about feeling like my bucket was empty. But, seriously, I could write an entire post now about how my bucket is overflowing. I wish my bucket would get off whatever roller coaster it's on and just be content hanging out under the steady stream of a faucet.
I'm trying to think of why my bucket is overflowing, and I think there's several reasons.
1. My roommate is back, and we've gotten to spend quite a bit of time together, watching our Royals. Yes, they are ours. When your team, that is based 10 minutes from your apartment is in the competition for bragging rights of that sport, they suddenly become your team.
2. I get to see my mama, baby brother, oldest brother, and his wife (my sister-in-law), this weekend. It's my nephew's baby shower!!!!! LESS THAN A MONTH!!!! I'm so excited to get to see everyone. I haven't seen some of them since July (holy cow!!)
3. There is so much pride and happiness in this town right now, because of the Royals People are just happy.
4. You know how after being in a relationship for a while, the compliments and flirtatious banter tends to disappear for deeper conversation? Not with Mo. We are able to have a completely serious conversation and then switch it to playful immediately. It's one of my favorite things about him, although there are SO many of those!!
5. I get to Skype with some of my best girlfriends tonight. We don't usually get to chat like this, since one of them is in Panama (yes, the country) but it magically happened. It will be so fun "seeing" them and catching up!
6. I've started working out, like I posted earlier this week, and I think the endorphins have been helping. No, the being passed out by 10:30 PM every night isn't always the greatest, especially with the late games the Royals have been playing, but sweating out my frustrations makes up for it!
I hope my overflowing bucket is helping to fill someone's bucket out there! I think it's interesting that today was a particularly rough day at school, yet I'm writing a post about how happy I am. No, work wasn't terribly awful, but just one of those days where everything seems to go wrong that can. But, here I am; happy :)
It was so awesome talking with you last night. I'm sorry I was crashing. I'm gonna blame illness and the time change. Also, cool that I'm one of your best girlfriends. I feel so special :)
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you're doing better. I was a little worried about you after the other week. It sounds like you're really surrounded by awesomeness recently. So happy for you!