Everyone has a basic set of principles they adhere to and also expect the people in their life to adhere to similar ones. Luckily for the human race, most people's principles are foundationally the same.
Since you're reading this, you've either been given access to it, stumbled into some strange corner of the Internet, or have been following my blog for awhile since I haven't posted a link on social media in years. This post is geared toward the first group.
These are the truths I live my life by and expect from you:
-tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth but with some tact
-understand and appreciate a joke
-not everyone is out to get you
-never say "it's ok" if it's really not
-always give your best, whatever your best is that specific day
-everyone makes mistakes, forgive yourself and others appropriately
-let go of the past
Now if I could just get ALL the people in my life to sign a contract stating they understand and accept these terms of being in my life. But then we'd all have these contracts we'd have to keep straight for all the people in our lives, which would just be insane. Ultimately, I think it boils down to respect and communication. But that's a different post for a different day.
No comments:
Post a Comment